These days I'm busy waiting for labor to begin. Justin got baby stuff down from the attic and I'm trying to remember what I should be packing in my hospital bag. I had to hunt down my nursing bras today and realized that it was time for a few replacements. We'll see if the order I placed online today will arrive before the baby does! We still need to get a second crib mattress, but I suppose that can wait a couple months since we won't be moving Ryan to the toddler bed until after Christmas. The most important item we have yet to even look for is another baby book. I really need to get off my tush and start shopping around. And a name, we still don't have a name. We don't even have a list of options. This is really starting to irritate me!
Justin has been nagging me for the past month to take off my ring before it gets stuck. I finally put it away last week, though I could still put it on and take it off with only a little resistance. The swelling really hasn't been as bad as I expected it to be. Thankfully it is starting to cool off at night here, so walking Alex to school every morning is much more pleasant. Afternoons are still hot, though.
I had an appointment this afternoon and when the midwife measured me and checked the baby's position she commented on how big the baby's head was. "Well, that's an 8 pounder's head right there." Aaaaarrrrgh!!!! This is NOT what I want to hear 2 weeks before my due date. I hope he comes early. I hope he comes early. I hope he comes early. Please??!!! I'm begging on hands and knees here! Literally. I've started crawling around because the baby is sideways and I do not want another sunny side up delivery.
Alex drew a picture of his family for a class project and look who he included! You probably can't read the small print next to the blob above Ryan's head, but it explains that Alex "was thinking about my brother in mommy's tummy" when he drew it!


4 comments:
what a cute picture!! Maddy has started to include her new sister in her prayers!
I wish you come early too, but if you do come earlier than me I must admit I'll cry. I'M SO DONE!! lol.
and Rocky had NEVER taken the kids off and left me to have lazy daze!!! I think I'll have to go have a talk with that man!
I'm praying real hard for both you and Jessica!
I loved Justin's visit with the boys! It was so good to see Alex again and see Ryan (finally)! He is such a mini-Betony! What an absolute cutie!
I love seeing my brother as a daddy, he is so sweet. I'm hoping to get out there beginning of next year to meet my new nephew and see my sister-in-law again (it's been too long)!
Love you all!
Betony, I'm glad you got some time to rest and relax before the labor kicks in. Justin & the boys needed their male-bonding time, just wish I could've been there. Hey, if you really want Andrea and I to help you pick out names, just ask. We still got that naming book on our shelf within reach. I like Alex's picture and I can't wait for Blake to grow into that stage of expression.
I remember the pictures I drew like that, so innocent... and they notice the small things like unborn brothers, eight fingers and daddy's scruffy face. Aaahhh, Don't you sometimes marvel at your kids and wonder "wow, that's exactly what i did as a kid"!
Love you all and can't wait for the next birthday!
Yeah, I thought that Betony would have at least mentioned the scruffy beard and the eight fingers! Truth be told, there is a reason for the way he drew it. Alex said that I am shaving my face. As for Betony's eight-fingered hands... I'm not sure. Maybe it's because she has the ability to do so many things at the same time that it seems as if she really had 16 fingers instead of 10! And I guess that Ryan has 7 fingers on each hand because he's always taking Alex's toys. The coolest part is having Segway-feet!
Post a Comment