It was such a relief to hear that all the cramps and constant "practice" contractions have been doing something! Yesterday was particularly bad because I had to walk Alex both to and from school. That means I walked a mile in the morning, up and over the hill we live on, and another mile in the afternoon, up and over that same hill again. It feels like I have one long contraction for each half mile, my stomach gets so tight it is hard to breath normal. On the way back home in the afternoon, my right leg started to lose sensation again. That was the second time this week it had happened. I don't know if it had to do with the baby's position, or my herniated disc, or what. It feels like a cross between an epidural and loss of circulation. Very weird feeling. It doesn't affect the muscles or my range of motion, simply the skin and sensation of touch. And only in certain locations, like yesterday it affected only the front of my right thigh and the outside of my knee. Other times it has numbed the outside of the thigh or the outside of my calf. It can be very disconcerting at times. They aren't kidding when they say each pregnancy is different. I have never had this happen with the other two boys. Sciatica, yes. But no sciatic pain this time around.
Okay, enough of my pain. Let's talk about the boys! Alex has been having stomach problems off and on for the past week now. He was sick on Sunday morning, but felt fine by noon. Got sick again Wednesday morning (1:30 am to be exact) and by lunch Justin was asking if he could go to school for the rest of the day! And then, he was worshipping the porcelain god again last night after dinner! So he missed school again today. Ryan loves having Alex at his mercy. Alex was laying on the couch this morning watching cartoons and Ryan kept trying to play with him by sitting on his head and laughing it up. This did not amuse Alex.
It is only fair that I should mention that Ryan had his own mishap earlier Tuesday night. He took a nose dive off a chair and split open his bottom lip. Again. This time was the worst so far. This split is the deepest and the bleeding lasted the longest yet. I don't know why he is so prone to this problem. Ryan is definitely the more adventurous of the two boys, but I don't think this why he has collected more injuries compared to Alex. And no, Alex is not the root of the problem either! Ryan has started climbing everything he can see. Most often it is the changing table and from there he throws everthing he can reach to the floor, especially the diapers and wipes. He can also climb up into his high chair now, so we have to keep the tray in place all day! Another favorite activity of his is being thrown up into the air by Justin. Upside down. Repeatedly. This kid knows no fear!
Oh, I finally got a baby book......but we still don't have a name! Any suggestions?


1 comment:
How about Ruthie Adele? If you want some baby name talk, give us a call. I don't want to let any secrets out in the blogosphere. One thought, though. I mentioned to Andrea if the baby were born on October 13th, that would be quite ominous.
Post a Comment