Sunday, November 2, 2008

"Seriously So Blessed!"

Today William was blessed and it felt a little surreal not having any of our extended family there. As a result, we didn't take any pictures! We'll be sure to dress William up in his outfit (handed down from Ryan) and post it later.

Have you ever been to a testimony meeting where there is a "theme"? Today our ward kept talking about "medical miracles" and it made me realize how blessed I have been these past two weeks. All my friends at church kept expressing amazement that I was looking well and stayed at church all three hours today. At first I was puzzled at this, why wouldn't I be at church? In fact, if I hadn't felt so awful I would have gone last week to watch our primary program. (I'm still peeved I missed it) Then I realized that it was amazing that I was up and about so soon after being so sick. Thing is, I take for granted how fast I heal. I've always been quick in recovering from illness and injury, so it didn't faze me how much better I feel today vs. last Sunday. And may I remind you that last week I was so bad off that I couldn't eat anything for two days. However, when I realized that I wouldn't be getting any medical help, I made up my mind to get better ASAP! So I weaned myself off the motrin, tylenol, and Mountain Dew (caffeine helped take the edge off the headaches) and I've been drug free for three days now! I feel this wouldn't have happened so easily if Justin had not given me a blessing. I am so thankful for the healing power of priesthood blessings and the health given me from keeping the Word of Wisdom. Also, I think that the reason I'm not moaning about the normal aches and pains from childbirth is because it's nothing compared to how bad I felt last week! So I'm counting my blessings and there is a whole bunch to be grateful for right now. Seriously, I am soooo blessed! (I love that blog!)

As I type this I'm eating banana Laffy Taffy and realizing how gross it is! So, if you want a reason or two not to binge on all the Halloween candy....here are a few:
Artificial Flavorings
Banana = Amyl Acetate (oil paint solvent)
Vanilla = Piperonal (chemical used to kill lice)
Strawberry = Benzyl Acetate (nitrate solvent)
Cherry = Aldehyde C-17 (inflammable liquid used in aniline dyes, plastic and rubber)
Pineapple = Ethyl Acetate (cleaner for leather and textiles)
Also, a natural red food dye, carmine, is made from Cochineal scale insects that are dried, then boiled for the pigment. Yuk! The dye is called Crimson Lake and Natural Red 4.

How much do you feel like eating candy now?!

2 comments:

jello said...

wow that is a difference from the last blessing where we had just about everyone there. You got feeling better really quickly after Ryan too. I couldn't believe how you were cooking for everyone when he wasn't even a week old.
I'm so glad you are feeling more like yourself. We have certainly been thinking of you all.

_Andrea

jello said...

Yes, ditto that. (This is really me now). Now that we know how Halloween is killing us ever so slowly, I think I'm ready for candy withdrawal. No wait! The guy from work just brought in leftover trick or treat loot with lots of B-fingers and Baby Ruthies. And they voices controlling my brain told me to buy those mini white powdered donuts at CVS the other day when I said I was "just gonna get milk and bread." AAARRGGH!

So looking forward to your photos of Lil' William and the Ghost and Tigger, too.