Sunday, May 11, 2008
Mother's Day Bliss
Happy Mother's Day to me! Justin let me sleep in this morning a little bit, hooray! It's ironic how I have to go in and wake Alex up on school mornings, but on weekends and holidays he wakes himself up at the same early hour and refuses to go back to bed. These summer daylight hours are really inconvenient at times. Anyway, after I ate my breakfast Alex brought me two cards but forgot about the present he made for me yesterday. I "reminded" him and he was so excited that it seemed more like his present than mine! We had a Prima
ry activity yesterday where the children made two craft presents and cards. I was supervising the Father's Day craft, so luckily my gift today was a real surprise. All the children had their pictures taken at the beginning of the activity and after being developed were inserted into foam picture frames they decorated. Alex proudly showed me all the dinosaurs and told me what their names were, then trotted on over to the fridge and placed it just so. Notice how he framed the picture with some of his favorite magnets. I love that I can look forward to more precious gifts like this now that Alex is getting older. I wonder how much longer it will be until the ultimate craft gift....the ceramic bowl or blob or whatever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
awwww! I am SO glad Justin was there....it's so nice letting the husband take care of it all for once...or a little bit...lol
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
very cute, Blake made me a card at school and a bracelet, he was very anxious for me to open it, I learned it was because he remembered what was in it and wanted to wear it himself. He also pulled the letters off of the card and tore them up. I was so going to keep it too. Oh well, glad your day went well.
Post a Comment