Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Texas Hubris
I could not believe my ears when our neighbor informed me yesterday that her daughter (who is the same age as Alex) says a pledge of allegience to the Texas flag at school. So tonight I asked Alex about it and he proudly said "Yeah!" Justin then called and asked a friend from church who is an assistant principle in the area and he confirmed and clarified. Students recite the U.S. pledge first, then follow it with a pledge to "Honor the Texas Flag. I pledge allegience to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible." I suppose this is how the brainwashing starts. Thank goodness we won't be here long enough for permanent damage to set in. (sigh) Texans! (roll eyes)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
oh my heck, that is just funny. Just you wait, Alex is going to have the accent and everything and wonder why when you move elsewhere they don't say it.
oh cute Andrea, yup, he probably will have that cute little southern accent.
Betony, does Alex say 'howdy' yet? lol. LOVE IT!!
Does anybody wonder why we only sang "Dixieland" when we went to school in Florida (or anywhere in the South, for that matter)?
Next he will pledge allegiance to the Dallas Cowboys.
That's a little bit crazy. Texas pledge of allegiance. Huh!=)
Post a Comment