Alex now has his very own big boy bed and just loves it! It has a headboard with shelves and three drawers under the mattress. I believe that style is called a captain's bed? Anyway, we bought it on MLK day just before Justin had to return to ALS. Which meant that yours truly assembled almost all of it during Ryan's afternoon nap. This pic shows the first log house that he actually built on his own! (well, just the top half)
Ryan is getting very confident in his walking abilities. He took his first solo steps Jan. 18th with some coaching and has been practicing all by himself lately. Five steps is the farthest he has gone to date, but that's mostly because he knows it's faster to crawl than walk. He also has sprouted his seventh tooth and is working on the eighth as I write. Drool, chew, chew, drool. In this video you'll notice he's discovered that it's easier to move the furniture when there is no carpet! We have to push the table against the sofa or the hearth to keep Ryan from moving it around everyday.
We're all very happy that Justin is back for a while. Alex is playing an NBA game with Justin right now. It's the first time they have played on the PS2 together in a very long time. Looks like Ryan is taking a few notes for the future!


3 comments:
So fun to see your getting all sorts of stuff done on the house, hopefully we will get to see it and you all soon. We miss you. I can't believe how big the boys are getting. Hugs to you all.
so cute! does alex really play video games? gosh, I can't even get maddy to figure out the computer!
I'm jealous of your wood flooring! I'm sure it looks GORGEOUS! I like how Ryan slides things around now...oh what fun!
Sounds like oodles of fun. That is awesome Ryan is getting around and that you have a nice new floor. Betony, you give yourself a nice pat on the back!
I love that last picture. I don't remember the last time I had time to play video games. There's always something else that needs fixing. Maybe I need to come see you guys in Teeeeeexas to play. Let me know when Alex beats you in NBA Live.
Post a Comment