Saturday, January 12, 2008

Back for now...

I have been out of town for the past two weeks for more training. The training has its ups and downs. The hardest part is being away from my family. I guess it's good that I'm only 3 hours away. That lets me come home on the weekends. I got home around 8pm last night and both boys were still awake (although Ryan was barely holding it together!). Betony and Alex greeted me at the door. Alex was über-excited. Ryan came crawling up to the front door as I came through the doorway to give hugs and kisses to Betony and Alex. Both of the boys wanted me to hold them for the rest of the night until it was time for bed. Needless to say, it was quite the greeting. This whole experience just got me thinking of how hard it will be for me when it comes time for an extended TDY (April?) and then the inevitable deployment (late April). I have to go back tomorrow to continue my training.

No comments: