Alex started Pre-K on Tuesday and boy, was he excited! He almost took off to play with the other kids before I gave him a kiss good-bye. I'll admit I got a little choked up but I swear there were no tears on my part. Justin was a bit upset that he couldn't be there too. He instructed me to "take lots of pictures... at least five"! This picture was taken when I picked Alex up at lunchtime. I chose to enroll him for only half the day. He'll still be in preschool next year, so there's no hurry. Needless to say, Alex loves school! He was a bit concerned about leaving his supplies behind. (Empty backpack? That won't last long!) He loves his lunch bag and when I asked him what he was looking forward to do at school this morning, he answered, "Eating lunch at school!" I must say he was a happier child all afternoon. He even started singing in the shopping cart at the Commissary! The future is definitely looking brighter.
Now, I have to take a moment and thank the State of Texas for making this possible for military families. Wait a minute.....there is something about Texas that I like????? Weird!


6 comments:
They grow up way too fast don't they?! Enjoy the peace and quiet.
I hope Texas isn't really that bad.=) We're too excited to get out of Vegas.
So cool, I'm glad it worked out for Alex, Justin said he wasn't going to get to go because you missed the date to sign him up or something. Alex looks so happy in the picture, and it will be so nice for you to have some time with just Ryan. Give everyone hugs for me, I miss you all.
oh how wonderful!! it's nice to like 'something' about the place you live in, lol.
Alex does look very happy. I'm excited to get Maddy into preschool in the fall!
give lots of kisses to Ryan...he's such a cutie!!
oh and maddy keeps asking to seet his picture of Alex. She says, "that's my cousin. I know him."
cool! alex is going to school already. i look forward to hearing more stories like this. love and miss you all.
Oh man the lunch thing must have rubbed off on him from me, i CLEARLY remember saying that was my favorite part of school.
Post a Comment