What a day! I am so thankful for a wonderful family that never fails to deliver the unexpected! We had decided to keep it low key this year, but Alex just happened to make this an unforgettable day. First of all, I love my son, but he is the biggest wimp! He's been wiggling his first loose tooth for awhile now, but refused to do anything to make it bleed or hurt in any way. When I noticed this morning that the secondary tooth had already surfaced, I decided that the baby tooth had to go. I thought that this should be a job for Daddy, so we waited for him to come home from the Turkey Bowl. One thing led to another, and the pulling session was put off until after dinner. In the mean time, Alex and his friend next door were playing out front after lunch. Alex on his bike and Lindy on her scooter. Then Alex gave the scooter a try; the result was captured on camera for all to enjoy!
After a yummy dinner (maple glazed ham, apple pecan cornbread dressing, smashed red potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, corn and pumpkin pecan pie), Justin and Alex went into the bathroom to get down to business. First they tried manual extraction and then the string, but when I saw Justin go for the pliers I decided it was time to intervene. (I hate teeth being pulled with pliers....bad memories) Many tears and three pulls later it was over.

For now, he is all smiles.....until the next tooth has to come out!


4 comments:
Too funny - you've got such a handsome group of boys!
well congrats to my little nephew...if I did that to Maddy she probably wouldn't come near me for a week...hmmmm....lol
she's had a tooth kind of loose for quite a bit now too.
your dinner menu sounded yummy!!!
your gorgeous family pictures have inspired me to get off my butt and get ours done! (probably in the first of January)
What a beautiful smile! :)
Yeah this is the time for Daddy's to sweat and put up with the crodile tears. I couldn't pull the boys teeth, that was a daddy's job and we did also use those "pliers" that is the only thing that wouldn't slip. He has a beautiful smile. and how many more teeth will come out, by that time, Justin will have it mastered.
Tooth fairy or not? Love Gr'ma Millis
Post a Comment