Has it really been over two months already?? A lot has happened since I last posted an update and shared a few pictures with everyone. So, climb on board the tour bus and I'll try to explain the background/meaning of following pictures...
This is the view from between the barricades of my "front door".
This kinda gives you an idea of how my living quarters look, as viewed from the entryway. There is enough room for two twin beds and some other items.
This is my living space. I taped the wonderful pictures from my boys up on the wall. Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa Conte for helping Alex and Ryan with that. It was, by far, the best part of the package.
Here is another angle of the letter from Alex and the pictures they sent.
Next stop on the tour is the latrine.
More barricades for protection from the bad guys.
The next two pictures are of paintings on some of the barricades. Kind of a unit pride thing. I like it. The first one is of a Blackhawk MEDEVAC. The next is one that my brother, John, would like; it's the local firefighter unit insignia.
This is a pretty cool sign that looks a little worn and weathered. If you click on the picture, you can read about the person this FOB was named after, Lt. Bob Kalsu.
The next two stops on this picture tour have no real significance. The first one is of a palm tree. Again, no real significance other than the fact that it's just right in the middle of nowhere. I see it everyday. Multiple times a day. The second picture is just something else that I see everyday. Multiple times a day. I guess I'll look back through some of my pictures and think of the monotony that occurs here.
The next seven are pictures of my flight over Babylon.





This last picture is what we saw on the return flight from Babylon. We witnessed a controlled detonation.
I hope you've enjoyed seeing a piece of my experience here. I'm only beginning to see that there is so much history here. Last, but most definitely not least, thanks for the support. Until next time...
4 comments:
Justin: Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We think of you every day. Your photos are great. I can't believe how big your boys are getting!! Just as the song says "Don't Blink" Time flies much, much too quickly. Mariessa is turning 20 in Feb. I just don't know where the time has gone. Much love to you and Betony and the boys. Denyse
Justin, thanks for sharing a piece of your world with us. Know that you are never forgotten in our thoughts and prayers. I hope you get my package for your birthday. Love ya!
Love the latrines, dear. Why on earth did you include that pic?! You look super cool in your gear. I wouldn't mind a full pic of that!
Justin, Thanks for sharing Josh and I enjoyed the pics, I had to explain why you need baricades in front of the buildings. We are so glad you are doing well and can't wait to see you again. We love you.
Post a Comment