Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ryan turns two

We decided to celebrate Ryan's birthday with his friend Kadi since their birthdays are only five days apart. Here are the pictures from Saturday's party.First up, the cake. This is supposed to be the WonderPets' flyboat (Nickjr) but it is really humid and I made the mistake of using buttercream frosting. As you can see it just melted. The line between the red and purple icing has fallen about two inches and the boat is in a purple puddle. I will try to remember to use yucky royal icing from now on. The cake did tast good, though. I made a tropical pound cake and halved the vanilla with rum flavoring in the frosting. Yum!
Here are the birthday kids (plus Alex).

And a picture of the boys with most of the loot. As you can see, Rocket was the favorite at that point. (Thanks Kim!) Then I put together the tee ball set and that was the favorite. But then he saw the bubble mower and he was racing up and down the lawn for a good hour! Alex tried to get a turn, but Ryan was not about to let that happen! So Alex had to content himself with playing on our new Mountain Climber!

Ryan hasn't climbed on it yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time! And yes, I put that thing together myself! It was very easy, compared to the Sand and Sea play table I put together the day before. Now I have only the picnic table left to assemble, but that can wait until another day! These and more pictures can be seen on my Facebook photo album.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Ryan had a super birthday. Your backyard is beginning to look like a safe area for the boys to enjoy the outdoors this summer. My how Alex and Ryan certainly are looking older.

I miss those munchkins. Your cake looks like a boat to me. It's what it tastes is all that matters to me.

Love You- Grandma Millis